Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back to my roots, literally!!!

Hi guys! So I finally got a break and thought that a blog would be nice :D

So as you all know, I dyed my hair back dark. My profile picture has officially changed so you can see what I look like now. Its not dark actually but, it matches the color of my roots so that makes it too dark for me. Well not too dark, I actually love it. I miss my white hair but, the dark is nice too.

Its not just my hair color thats changed. Im embracing my natural texture. I have naturally wavy/ semi curly hair and all my life I have been straightening it to fit in with the "straight silky hair fad". But, since all my college classes are at 8AM I dont wanna wake up at the crack of dawn to shower and blow my hair out straight (if I sleep on my hair straight it gets all kinky and unmanageable). So, I decided I was going to shower at night and let my hair do its own thing. Amazingly enough, it looked semi cute and was really simple to style. So, I decided to search for a product that would enhance my curls.

I found this...

Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Gel.

I love this product. I probably WOULDNT love it as much if I used it after a shower in the morning. It does get a bit crunchy but, I sleep on my hair which brushes the hair out and makes it really soft and sweet. I shower at night, apply the gel and scrunch my curls, let my hair air dry for 2 hours (i dont recommend sleeping on it wet), and go to bed.

I think its time to embrace natural curls and stop torturing our hair. After a week straight of this I finally blow dried my hair out straight and it was so soft, healthy, and I could even tell it had grown longer!!!

Try this out if you have curly hair and want it to look great :D

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment