Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The return of the Blonde Ambassador :D

Look my faithful followers! I have returned to the wonderful land of Blogspot.

By faithful followers, I mean the imaginary audience that I believe reads and loves every one of my daily posts. So, back to the postage!!

I'm not going to bother catching you up on every little detail of my life that you have missed due to my laziness and forgetfulness that this blogged still existed.

Instead, let's just hit the highlights shall we?

1. Patrick and I are still together. One year, and one month :D
2. I graduated high school, entered Murray State University for a semester and am now transferring in 2 days to Southeast Missouri State University.
3. I work at Victoria's Secret now.
4. It still takes me over an hour to get ready in the mornings.
5. I still hate the cold weather (it is 24 degrees outside, not attractive).
6. I am majoring in Secondary English Education with a minor in Secondary Theater Education.
7. My room mate here at MSU was crazy.
8. My dearest friend Brittney and I now have an apartment we will be moving into on the 15th.
9. I am more broke than ever due to my newly found obsession with online shopping.
and 10. I am still just as crazy, ADD, OCD, and scatter brained as ever.


Now, onto the said purpose of this blog. While I would like for my blogs to remain entertaining and filled with captivating stories of my oh so wonderful life, I would also like for them to have meaning.

Note that meaning to an 18 year old female college student means, Im going to recommend you to my favorite products :D

Today we will talk about the wonders of Estee Lauder make-up.


Now, as I learned in public speaking, here is where I need to prove to you guys that I am the expert on Estee Lauder make up and that my information is credible.So here goes nothing!


I have been using Estee Lauder make up for over a year now. Since I am broke I only own the foundations but, once I move to Cape where there is a mall where I can obtain more makeup without having to pay shipping, I will STRICTLY only use this brand.

I have tried COUNTLESS other makeup brands: Covergirl (too greasy), Lancome (very thick and pastey), Avon (Avon just feels to cheap to me, it reminds me of how Charlotte Rousse is always trying to look high end but the minute you throw their clothes in the washing machine, they get dingy looking), and Bare Minerals (WAY TO EXPENSIVE but, I liked it. It caused me to have minimal breakouts though.)

The one thing I LOVE about Estee Lauder is its the perfect combination of maximum coverage and minimal thickness. Personally I recommend the Double Wear Stay in Place liquid makeup.



Here is how I describe how perfect it is: It covers all my facial imperfections and gives me a flaw less airbrushed look while still not hiding the fact that I have freckles. (I LOVE MY FRECKLES, and that shows you its not too thick. I hate cake faced people).

Coupled with Estee Lauder's pressed powder as a finishing touch, you have the perfect face. I use Lucidity, in transparent because I am so light skinned. For those of you who love Bare Minerals, Transparent works like the mineral veil.




The liquid makeup runs about 34$ for a 1fluidoz bottle. At first it seems a bit pricey but for the coverage and quality of the makeup its well worth it. I buy a new bottle anywhere from every 2-3 months. For application I dont recommend using your hands because the oils rub off on your skin and can cause breakouts. I use a liquid make up applying brush (Can be found anywhere but, I love Sigma brand).

The Lucidity is 26$ per compact and they have a little longer lifespan than the liquid makeup. It all depends on how much you apply per day. As you can see the compact comes with an application sponge but I use brushes (Im a fan of Sigma brushes) to apply the powder. Honestly, I dont recommend over coating with either of these products. They allow minimal usage for maximum coverage and thats the beauty of it.

Im going to go ahead and post this and hop in the shower. Then Im going to take a before the foundation and after application photo's for you guys to see how well the makeup enhances the face.

BEFORE

AFTER



Be sure to check out my video blog as well for today's make up application video, just a video on my daily use of make up and my tips and tricks for the flawless and affordable face!!!
Thanks for reading guys!


Love, Gunz

www.youtube.com/therealmaegun
www.dailybooth.com/maegun
www.facebook.com/maesgotgunz

No comments:

Post a Comment